Let's see the monuments of the most decorative architectural style: art nouveau. Prague has a high concentration of art nouveau buildings designed around 1900. Most of them are considered to be the jewels of Central European architecture. Alfons Mucha, one of the most famous Czech artists, left many traces in Prague and made Czech art nouveau style well known all over the world.
Some art nouveau constructions are situated in the Old Town, some lay on the border of the historical centre. Therefore, during this tour we won't follow tourist crowds but we'll explore places off the beaten track.
For me, as a person interested in arts and architecture, this tour is one of my favourites. Prague is so rich in decorative art nouveau monuments. Even though I pass by them all my life for me they still remain unique and charming.
- Old Town Square - we will see the famous Astronomical Clock and the Tyn Church (exteriors)
- Municipal House - we will admire a European jewel of art nouveau architecture (exteriors)
- Czech People's Bank - a chance to see a unique architecture of the biggest Prague bank (exteriors)
- Wenceslas Square - we will make a stop at a place where started the revolution against communist régime in 1989
- Franciscan Garden - a chance to visit a convent garden belonging to the Franciscan Order
- Národní třída - we will pass by art nouveau monuments on the main street of New Town
- Paris street - we will walk down the most famous art nouveau avenue in Central Europe
- Prague City Hall - we will pass by a charming art nouveau seat of the Prague administration
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Hotel
Duration: 3 hours
As Prague's historical centre is a pedestrian area the tour is only walking. We will take a tram to get to one of the sites.
- Guiding Services
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
200 CZK - Public transportation tickets
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks