Get familiar with Helsinki on foot - a convenient way to explore the highlights in our vibrant seaside city. You will pay attention to small details and hidden gems that usually are not seen from a bus tour.
All major highlights are located within a short distance and you will certainly fall in love with this beautiful green and clean capital.
Helsinki is surrounded by the Baltic Sea with numerous islands along the shore line. Combining this with our urban nature and friendly people, this is the place to visit!
Besides the attractions, you will get to know several interesting and even funny things about Finns and our traditions.
** Cruise guests: Private transport from the port to downtown is possible. Please inquire about a customized tour. We have two ports for cruise ships - the other in the center of Helsinki, and the other 1, 4 miles from the port.
Tour consists of major Highlights in Helsinki.
- Walking from the harbor, I will talk about our history, culture, and daily lives. The route to the nearest train is 0, 6 miles (1 kilometer), and we will start the walking tour from central Helsinki. Tram tickets are included in the tour.
- Neoclassical Senate Square and the Cathedral are places that we will visit, and these locate next to the Market square and Old Market Hall which we will visit.
- Former prison which has been turned into a four-star hotel is worth visiting. The hotel locates in historical Jugend stile Katajanokka area. The sky wheel with a twist, you will not believe me!
- Esplanade Park, the "catwalk" park, which we will walkthrough. Before that, we will see the Presidential palace, Uspenski Cathedral, the City Hall, Supreme court, and of course the popular Moomin-coffee shop.
- Oodi library is a must! We will see the Parliament building, Finlandia Hall and the Music Center from the terrace.
- I will take you back to your port.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 2 hours
Depending on the port - A walk to the tram that takes us to the center of Helsinki, or the walking tour starts directly from the port. Tram tickets are included. This is the cost for Hernesaari port.
** Cruise guests, the tour will be customized with a reduced cost of tram tickets if your port is Katajanokka.
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
10 euros - Optional coffee/tee break with snacks
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks