Buda Castle is one of the most iconic landmarks in Budapest, Hungary. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a popular tourist destination. The castle is located on Castle Hill, overlooking the Danube River and the city of Pest.
Here are some of the things you can see and do at Buda Castle:
- Visit the Hungarian National Gallery: The Hungarian National Gallery houses a collection of Hungarian art from the 11th century to the present day. The collection includes works by famous Hungarian artists such as Mihály Munkácsy, Tivadar Csontváry Kosztka, and László Mednyánszky.
- Explore the Budapest History Museum: The Budapest History Museum tells the story of Budapest from its founding to the present day. The museum houses a collection of archaeological artifacts, historical documents, and photographs.
- Learn about Hungarian military history at the Hungarian Military Museum: The Hungarian Military Museum houses a collection of weapons, uniforms, and other military artifacts from Hungarian history. The museum also includes a tank park, where you can see a variety of tanks and armored vehicles from different time periods.
- Visit the Matthias Church: The Matthias Church is a beautiful Gothic church that is located within the Buda Castle complex. The church is known for its colorful roof tiles and its ornate interior.
- Take a walk in the Castle Gardens: The Castle Gardens are a beautiful park that is located next to Buda Castle. The gardens offer stunning views of the Danube River and the city of Pest.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the many restaurants in the Buda Castle complex: There are many restaurants in the Buda Castle complex that offer a variety of Hungarian and international cuisine.
Tips for visiting this place:
- Buy a Budapest Card: The Budapest Card is a tourist pass that gives you free admission to many of Budapest's top attractions, including Buda Castle. It also gives you unlimited use of public transportation.
- Wear comfortable shoes: Buda Castle is located on a hill, so you will need to do a bit of walking to get around. Wear comfortable shoes so that you can enjoy your visit.
- Take your time: There is a lot to see and do at Buda Castle. Take your time and explore all that the castle has to offer.
- Enjoy the views: Buda Castle offers stunning views of the Danube River and the city of Pest. Be sure to take some time to enjoy the views from the castle walls.
Here is a sample itinerary for a day trip to Buda Castle:
- Morning: Arrive at Buda Castle and purchase a ticket to the Hungarian National Gallery. Spend the morning exploring the gallery's collection of Hungarian art.
- Afternoon: Have lunch at one of the many restaurants in the Buda Castle complex. After lunch, visit the Budapest History Museum to learn about the history of Budapest.
- Evening: Take a walk in the Castle Gardens and enjoy the views of the Danube River and the city of Pest. Have dinner at one of the many restaurants in the Buda Castle complex.
- Location: Castle Hill, Budapest, Hungary
- Hours of operation: The Hungarian National Gallery and the Budapest History Museum are open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The Hungarian Military Museum is open from Tuesday to Sunday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Admission fees: The admission fee for the Hungarian National Gallery is 2,000 Hungarian forints. The admission fee for the Budapest History Museum is 1,800 Hungarian forints. The admission fee for the Hungarian Military Museum is 1,600 Hungarian forints.
- How to get there: You can get to Buda Castle by taking the Castle Hill Funicular or by walking up the hill. The Castle Hill Funicular is located at the Clark Ádám Square.
Buda Castle is a must-see for any visitor to Budapest. The castle offers stunning views of the city and houses a variety of museums and other attractions. With its rich history and beautiful architecture, Buda Castle is a truly unique and unforgettable experience.
MBS87: Your Gateway to Buda Castle
MBS87 offers a minibus rental Hungary that is perfect for visiting Buda Castle. Our tours are led by knowledgeable guides who will share fascinating insights into the city's history and culture. You'll also have the opportunity to connect with fellow travelers and make unforgettable memories.
MBS87's bus tours of Buda Castle are carefully crafted to ensure that you see all the highlights, including the Hungarian National Gallery, the Budapest History Museum, the Matthias Church, and the Castle Gardens. You'll also have time to wander the castle grounds and soak up the stunning views of the Danube River and the city of Pest.
>> See more: Heroes’ Square