As a true Roman I will unveil its historic centre. We will visit Piazza Farnese with its ancient Roman water basins serving as fountains, admire the Palazzo Farnese that was architected by Michelangelo. Next we'll make our way next door to Campo de' Fiori a beautiful square that hosts a colourful and oldest food market every morning, a great way to witness first hand traditional Roman products.
I will take you through a secret passage and tell you its history. Next is the world famous Piazza Navona adorned by Bernini's fountain and I will unveil the secret behind its peculiar shape. We will continue on to reach the Pantheon, the best preserved Roman building in the world, that we will visit in full. After a gelato stop by Rome's gelato institution, we will make our way to reach the world's most famous fountain, the Trevi fountain symbol of the Dolce Vita and where tradition wants you to throw a coin and make a wish! Finally we will reach the beautiful Spanish steps.
- walking tour will starting by Piazza Farnese
- Campo de' Fiori food market.
- A secret passage
- Piazza Navona
- the Pantheon.
- a stop by Rome's most famous gelato shop all made by organic ingredients.
- Walking through Rome's beautiful narrow streets we will pass by the Italian Parliament building and the peculiar Piazza Colonna (and its funny story)
- Trevi fountain. After trowing the coin and making either 1 or 3 wishes :)
- final destination, the Spanish Steps.
- From here I am happy to show the closest taxi station nearby - or if you wish to keep strolling around for shopping (since this is the heart of the shopping district) I am happy to pinpoint the best locations according to your requests.
PLEASE NOTE I am happy to customise this tour in accordance to your requirements. In which case please contact me in advance before booking.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Suggested by Guide: Piazza Farnese square in front of the CAMPONESCHI restaurant and Bar. I will be waiting with a name board
Duration: 3 hours
- Guiding Services
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
10 EUR - - Please bring some cash for a gelato. The small one cost about EUR 2.50;
- Please also keep a small coin (any currency) in case you wish to throw the coin at the Trevi fountain;
- Please know that should you be interested in purchasing any goods at the food market for yourself or as small presents to bring home, cash payments are the best and often the only form of payment accepted here.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can arrange private car tours in collaboration with licensed english speaking private drivers with luxury vans for up to 7 people.