In 3 hours we pass by beautiful, characteristic 16th, 17th and 18th century buildings, a couple of the most important and scenic squares, WesterChurchTower and Anne Frank house, a historic courtyard dating back to the 1300's and the only place in Amsterdam where one can see large original 17th century paintings without paying anything or being in a queue.
Besides we get to see impressive collections of so-called gablestones at several places and some great canal views.
Of course, I will give an overview of the history of Amsterdam, its growth as trading and shipping center, the development of its characteristic architecture, its more recent history and contemporary Amsterdam.
Of course there is the option of a break halfway!
I want you to get to feel this fabulous city. Of course, the tour could be customized to specific interests you have as long as it is possible within the 3 hours of the tour. Feel free to ask all the questions you have, including the ones that you might consider improper.
The order in which we visit the points of interests depends on where we start.
We will pass by many of the highlights of the very central part of the city:
- The authentic Begijnhof courtyard and nearby Civic Guards Gallery with its original 17th-century paintings (free entrance),
- Many monuments which are characteristic and typical for Amsterdam like House Riga, House Cognac, Bar in 't Aepjen
- Several of the most scenic large squares (Nieuwmarkt, Rembrandtplein, Museumplein),
- A couple of scenic large intersections of the large canals
- Several collections of the centuries-old gablestones which reflect a lot of history.
All with a lot of explanation of the background of course.
I customize the tour to your specific interests.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station (Amsterdam Centraal Station (The main railway Station at the Center of the city)), Cruise Ship Port (Pick up only possible at Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (PTA) not at Ijmuiden or elsewhere.), Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours.
- In order to be able to visit the Begijnhof courtyard and the nearby Civic Guards Gallery we shouldn't start much later than 16:00.
- In case you would like to do this tour on foot after 17:00 I will adapt the tour and won't be able to show the Begijnhof-courtyard and Civic Guards Gallery (still a nice tour though)
We might need to use public transport or a taxi from your hotel to the centre.
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
8 euro - Local Cash: 8
Local Currency: euro
Comment: - Without any breaks or stops to buy something, no pocket money neccessary.
- Simple, fast takeaway at Fish-stall, snackbar or Indonesian takeaway won't cost that much, count on between 5 and 10 euro's per person.
- In case you would like to sit down at a restaurant or terrace and you order a complete meal, including some drinks costs will be more in the range of 15 to 25 euro per person.
- I can not provide tours of Anne Frank House, or provide tickets for it.
- Taking pictures of women in the red light district is strictly prohibited