In this tour, expect to. . .
• Be charmed by the little train up the hill.
• Wonder at the stunning architecture of the basilica.
• Feel the spiritual atmosphere and the dedication Lyon has for the Virgin Mary.
• Learn about the people of Lyon's hardship and their undefeatable spirit.
• Stroll along down the narrow-cobbled street dating from the middle age.
• Recharge your battery with a taste of the local sweet delicacy from the boulangerie.
• Explore the secret pathways which take you from one street to another and learn how they were used throughout history.
Let's take a ride up the hill to visit the Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourviere .
Bring your camera with you to capture the best view of the city!
Entering the basilica to admire the stunning architecture, the six wonderful mural mosaic and the masterpiece glass stained glass windows.
Walking down memory lane through the mediaval cobbled streets, to hear me talk about what I love the most: osbcur cults and strange religious beliefs!
Having fed our brains, time to feed our stomachs with some lovely local speciality with the pink praline brioche. I am sure you gonna enjoy this delicaness.
You will discover the two most famous passageways out of the 200 traboules of this area. I am sure, it will spark your interest and encourage you to explore even more on your own.
Please contact me with any questions on this tour or to customize it for you.
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Suggested by Guide: Place Bellecour, just under the equestrian statue of Louis XIV. It is between the city's two rivers, on the peninsula.
Duration: 3 hours.
Walking and public transport
- Guiding Services
- Public Transportation Tickets
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
40 € - If you wish to purchase some souvenirs, it is a great area to buy very unique handcrafted items. However, most shops take credit crads and there are atm machines too.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside of the historical monuments.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.