I will show you my beautiful city in a fun, interactive and unforgettable way! You will feel like a local, even if your stay in the city is for a couple of hours, visiting the most typical places and using our five-senses is a must to do for a full experience in Coimbra. Uphill, expect to see wonderful panoramic views to the city parks and gardens, and learn about the oldest theme park in Portugal as well as about the tragic yet beautiful story of love of Pedro & Inês (the Portuguese Romeo and Juliet story).
At the end of the tour you will understand why as "Coimbra more charm when it's time to say goodbye" and you will want to come back!
Come join me and let's embark in a unique journey through the streets of the historical center, classified by UNESCO as World Heritage in 2013, discover the unique architecture and learn about the history of the city.
- I suggest the meeting point for this guided tour to be at the highest point of Coimbra's Historical Hill, so that it will be easy to walk around
- We will start by walking through the University main campus, learning and visiting its main sites, sightseeing spots and the Botanical Gardens, from where we will have fantastic views over the river and the Historical Area
- You'll learn about the students traditions first hand (by a former student, myself!)
- We'll appreciate the facades of the typical students houses, the Repúblicas, while walking down the hill and along the city walls.
- The tour will end in the most typical street of Coimbra, allowing you to learn more about handicraft, gastronomy and Coimbra's song (also known as Fado of Coimbra - a typical students serenade and lyrical kind of Fado, different from the one in Lisbon)
The tour will be adapted on the go taking all in consideration
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Address or Intersection
Duration: 3 hours
In Coimbra's city center I advice doing walking tours because it's the best way to admire the architecture and enter the monuments and places. If needed, we can use public transportation (there is a great historical center electric bus as well as a lift that takes us from the riverside to the University, so we will use it if needed).
- Guiding Services
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
20 € - Personal Expenses
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I have no restrictions entering monuments and museums.