Travel in comfort in an air-conditioned Mercedes Sprinter 8-seater to visit two UNESCO World Heritage sites in one day.
I have been visiting these sites for many years and every time there is something new to see and experience.
In this bespoke, tailor-made tour we visit neolithic Stonehenge, constructed nearly 5000 years ago and discover the history and culture of this remarkable place. Hear the stories and theories that have made Stonehenge one of the most popular spiritual landmarks in the world. An unforgettable experience for everyone!
After lunch in a medieval village, we move on to the Roman city of Bath where there is a huge range of places to visit and experience; Roman Baths and Temples, grand Georgian architecture, Jane Austen's home and a range of museums, historic shopping areas and lovely places to relax and watch the world go by.
Bath is recognized as being Britain's best-preserved city and is set in the Avon valley near the Cotswold Hills surrounded by beautiful countryside. Unmissable!
Here is an example of a typical day but you can customize the tour to meet your preferences of course!
- Pick up from accommodation in London and travel through the English countryside to Stonehenge. Spend 1. 5 hours seeing the stones and visiting the exhibition.
- A relaxed or brief lunch in a local cafe or pub in one of the many picturesque villages en route.
- Guided walk 1-2 hours around Bath where there is a wealth of things to see and do in the 3 hours available such as Bath Abbey, The Roman Baths, Jane Austen's house, the Georgian architecture featuring the Royal Crescent and the Circus. There are some great photo opportunities throughout this iconic and atmospheric city.
- We can take a walking or driving tour around the sites or even a boat ride down the River Avon.
- Take Afternoon Tea at the oldest tea house in Bath
- Time for a spot of retail therapy with many boutique shops in a pedestrianized area in the middle of town.
- Late afternoon we return to London to view Windsor Castle from a distance
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 12 hours
Mercedes Sprinter 8-seater
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
60 GBP - Costs per person for lunch and drinks
- Credit cards and Debit cards are accepted widely
- Entrance to sites not included
Roman Baths entrance: £18.00 for an adult
Stonehenge entrance: £19.30 for an adult
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks