If you book this tour you will enjoy history and fun.
It's the "neighbourhood of the gods" ! We will see temples, churches, neoclassical mansions, art galleries, bazaars, local food.
The reason I like this tour is the mix of antiquity and present. Some of my favourite cafes are in the colourful Plaka!
Let yourselves be surprised by a small island in the heart of the city!
- We will walk up the slopes of the Acropolis until the Parthenon.
- We walk around the Nike temple, the Propylaea, the Karyatids and Dionysos theater.
- Slowly meander down to Plaka area (old town) passing by Mars hill and Anafiotika.
- In Plaka we stop by Lysikrates monument , the Roman Forum, the Tower of the Winds, the Cathedral.
-Somewhere on the way is the Oldest house of Athens, operating as a museum.
- We end up at Monastiraki square and the antiques bazaar. I will explain you about the small thematic museums in the Plaka
MEETING POINT + TOUR DURATION
Meeting Point Options: Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
If you arrive on a cruise plese ask me for a transportation quotation to and from the ship.
- Guiding Services
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
10 Euros - You may need cash if you buy little things
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks