Being a beautiful country full of adventures, there are many Switzerland things to do that one must try at least once on their visit to the place. Switzerland is a cold country and the best escape for people who want to stay away from the scorching heat of the Sun in areas near the Equator. The snowfall in Switzerland is one of the various reasons why people visit this place. One gets to enjoy various activities that are otherwise not available in other parts of the world. Given below is all the information that one must know about the things to do in Switzerland in order to make their trip more fun and exciting:
Things to do in Switzerland in Summers
1. Hiking at the Alps:Hiking at the Alps is one of the most sought-after things in Switzerland. It is also an unforgettable experience. The trails of this trek will let you catch glimpses of incredibly beautiful sights. You will also get to eye the impressive snow-capped mountains. Best of all, there are a plethora of routes you can choose from. The hike will give you plenty of opportunities for photography as well.
2. A ride in the Rhine Falls:One of the top 10 things to do in Switzerland is enjoying a boat ride near the Rhine Falls. Rhine Falls is a major tourist attraction in Switzerland because of being very adventurous. To get close to the Rhine Falls, one can take a boat which takes the tourists to view platforms from where people can get some breathtaking views of the falls. Visiting the Rhine Falls can be one of the best things to do in Switzerland summer.
traveling in Switzerland
3. Views on the GoldenPass Line:Traveling through the GoldenPass Line will take you on an enchanting route nestled with a picturesque landscape of waterfalls, lakes, and valleys. The journey starts at Interlaken and takes you towards Zweisimmen. Make sure to keep your handy camera with you.
4. Explore the Chillon Castle:
Visiting the Chillon Castle is one of the top 10 things to do in Switzerland. The Chillon Castle is located on a rock near Lake Geneva. Its history dates back to 1000 BC, and it is basically a collection of buildings built over a span of many years. Exploring the Chillon Castle is a must thing to do in Switzerland because of the art and architecture of the place, which is beautiful.
traveling in Switzerland
5: Try the World famous Swiss chocolates:Swiss chocolates are famous worldwide. When traveling to Switzerland, trying the Swiss chocolates is one of the Switzerland things to do. One must try the different varieties of chocolates available in the place ranging from cheap milk chocolates to some nice liquor dark chocolates. The Swiss chocolates can be one of the best things to take back home as a souvenir for one’s acquaintances.
Things to do in Switzerland in Winter
6. Skiing:Skiing in Switzerland can be one of the best things to do in Switzerland in winter. There are many skiing restaurants that are open only during the winter months, where people can stay to have some fun in the snow. Apart from this, paragliding in Switzerland can also be fun with beautiful views of the Alps Mountains and other parts of the country.
7. A Trip on the St. Bernina Express:St. Bernina Express takes you on an amazing journey in between the magnificent mountains, pristine lakes, and amazing glaciers. Here, you will also get to eye the best of Alpine landscapes. You will pass through many bridges and tunnels, thus, further adding to the beauty of the route.
8. Shopping at Christmas Markets:
Another amazing thing to indulge in during winters is shopping at the Christmas markets. There a lot of places where you can indulge in shopping. Some of the best ones can be found in Zurich. The vibe of these markets is enough to lure the heart of any traveler.
9. A trip on the Glacier Express: Glacier Express Switzerland is a train service in Switzerland which one can book according to the place they want to visit and the duration of the journey. The prices may vary depending on the package one chooses. These trains offer to take the tourists to some of the best places in Switzerland, which one could not visit otherwise. It is one of the top things to do in Switzerland because the journey is very comfortable providing the tourists some of the best views of the place.
10. Wine Tasting: Wine Tasting is another amazing experience that one can indulge in winters in Switzerland. Here, you will find some of the finest wines. One of the best places to go for wine tasting is Vaud. Moreover, the beautiful surrounding, fresh air, and lush greenery further add to the beauty of wine tasting.
Thus, this was a list of some of the things to do in Switzerland. One must try all kinds of activities in order to get the best out of their trip to the holiday destination of Europe, Switzerland.